Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Yes And I Vow...

On Thursday, September 16, 2010 I hosted another round of DC Improvisational Open Mic Night. Since this was the first one after I got married in August, I decided a great way to start the event was to share vows between the audience and myself. I wrote my own vows and had all the attendees repeat after me to help us loosen up for the evening. We high fived and then I pronounced us all ready to Improv. Now, this was a lighter attended show as we had about 14 people interested in performing. I decided to make this less casual and let people do what they wanted too. We played some short form games and then some troupes consisting of 2 person and 3 people combinations got up and showcased for the rest of the crowd. I think everyone had a good time and I appreciated those who came out that night to participate. It's a free event so I think everyone left happy. I'm not sure when I'll be back yet and whether it's better to host this on a Friday night vs. a weekday night. We'll see what happens. Stay tuned...