Friday, February 22, 2008

Everybody Improv Now...

Wednesday, February 20th 2008 I hosted another DC Improvisational Open Mic night in The Comedy Lounge. Even with with the weather not cooperating being cold and snowy, we still had a packed house. When I host the show, I like to start off with something personal for the audience so this round I decided to show a video to warm up the crowd. The video was a poorly produced music video shot at Ian's Bar Mitzvah back in June 1991 and featured some incredible dance moves by yours truly to the popular C & C Music Factory Song, "Everybody Dance Now". My moves included the electric slide, the running man and my famous running man into a jazz split. Good times and lots of laughs had by all. I also sadly look basically the same as I did when I was 12.

Now on to the show. I had 8 groupes sign up to perform, 5-6-7-8, Kibbles & Bitch, and some others that I have written down at the club and will add in later on. I was able to intersperse some short form Improv games for my single improv-ers in between the group performances and had some pretty good one liners throughout the night. Ian's Bar Mitzvah was a common theme whether I wanted it to be or not and we ended the event with the popular game lines from a hat...my signature ending.

The next round of fun is slated for Wednesday March 19th, 2008 in The DC Improv Comedy Lounge. Sign-up is from 7-7:30 p.m. Showtime is at 8:00 p.m. and the event is FREE!
See you there...
I just did a split.